Hi friends! Is there anything cuter than a cupcake? I think I need to do a pastry painting series because I think painting them is more satisfying then eating them and hey, no calories!
This is fun and easy to paint! Grab any watercolors you have and some paper! You might also find watercolor pencils and a white gel pen handy but if you don’t have them improvise! Watch the tutorial to see how it’s done!
- Watercolor Paint (any watercolor is fine!) I used Cotman but the Prima sets are really nice and quite a bit cheaper, You can use either the Classics orTropical sets to mix up the colors you need for this.
- Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Pencils Hallmark Scrapbook has them for $19.99(regular $39.99) Simon Says Stamp also has them but they are not on sale
- Watercolor greeting cards or Watercolor paper
- Watercolor brushes (small #2-#2 round and a #4-#6 round)
- White Gel Pen (HS) or SSS
Substitutions: You can sketch on the cupcake with a regular pencil.For the white highlights you can use white watercolor/gouache or acrylic paint, heck, you could probably use white out or white nail polish but I don’t know if that is acid free LOL! The importing thing is that you find some time to paint, you are worth it!
I have been asked to teach a class for Life Book 2017 at Willowing.org! I am so excited an honored to be included with the other amazing artists on board. More info about this later this month!
Crazy huh? I am so excited to be a part of this year-long art class, I will be doing a new mixed media art journal page, I can’t wait to start creating it! Well, that’s it for today! I’ll have a stamping tutorial for you tomorrow (it is up on YouTube already if you need an early fix LOL) so until then happy crafting!