Hi friends! School is almost back in session in Maine and kids have already gone back to school in other parts of the country. Why not make this cute notepad for your teacher this year!
No teacher? That’s OK use your favorite colors and images and make one for yourself, it is fast, frugal and fun!
Sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry Use coupon code: TEACHER to get a free Mini Apple Peg Stamp, OR any mini peg stamp of your choice, when you spend $25 or more. Coupon expires on Sunday, August 28, 2016.
White copy paper (Cut 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″)
Cardboard 4″ x 8 1/2″
Grossgrain ribbon (Offray)
Stamps (Rubber Stamp Tapestry) Fruit Wreath, Cherry Blossoms (big branch), Bittersweet (little branch)
Dies or Punches
Clothespins or binder clips
Silicone spatula or scrap of cardboard
Buttons & twine (optional)
1. Trim copy paper and clip stack together, apply glue to short edge and smooth with a silicone spatula or scrap of cardboard.
2. Stamp apple and branch motif on white cardstock, punch out and set aside. Die cut any other elements you might want from cardstock or patterned paper.
3. Fold an 8 1/2″ x 11″ patterned cardstock in half and warp around the pad of paper to determine fit and score and crease to make a neat spine.
4. Cut a notch on the cover and feed ribbon through if desired, glue both layers of cover together.
5. Glue the other piece of ribbon for the tie closure to the cardboard backing. Also glue on a loop of ribbon for a pen/pencil holder. Glue the paper pad on top.
6. Attach the cover to the back of the pad (cardboard side) so it wraps around and the ribbon closures meet at the open side.
7. Embellish as desired.
The options with this litte notebook are endless, you can make stocking stuffers, party favors or even handly list pads to keep in your pocketbook. Add a magnet to the back and you can even put it on your fridge and best of all you can use up some of your pretty paper and ribbon scraps:) Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!