Hello friends! Tonight I wanted to do a simple card because I know that many folks that tune in for the Stamp School tutorials are beginners and it takes a long time to build up a stash of supplies. So tonight we are using 1 stamp (it is really 3 stamps but sold as one at Art neko) 2 ink pads and one sheet of watercolor paper or cardstock to make this:
Also I will draw a name from the comments in one week to win the stamps I used so just leave a comment and it could be you! This giveaway is open worldwide:) Yay!
Stamps by Art Neko *Save 10% off your next order of any size or get free shipping on orders over $50 (whichever discount is greater you get!) just by mentioning thefrugalcrafter!
White watercolor paper or cardstock cut to 5.5″x12″
Washi tape if desired
Stamp: Sakura stamp and 2 blossoms *The entire stamp sheet “Spring in Paris” is on sale for $19.99 (Regular $29.99)
Silk flowers (dollar store)
Round brush and water
1. Score watercolor paper 2″ and 4″ from each edge. Make a notch 2.5″ from top and cut a diagonal line from the nothe to the 4″ score line on each side. This is your card base.
2. Stamp flowers randomly over one side of the paper keeping the center open for writing. Use a wet brush to move stamping ink around. You can also press the inkpad to an acrylic block and use that ink to color the designs. Repeat with another color on the back of the paper.
3. Apply washi tape around the perimeter of the card if desired.
4. Fold in the gatefold sides as shown.
5. Decorate a 1″ strip of paper to use as a “belly band”. You can also write your sentiment on the band.
I must admit, I get a bit carried away with colors and patterns but you can use softer colors and a plain washi tape if you prefer:) Don’t forget to leave a comment on this post for a chance to win the stamps I used from our sponsor Artneko and if you place an order with them be sure to mention “thefrugalcrafter” for 10% off. Thank for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!