Hi friends! I have a 15 minute bookbinding project for you today!
These little accordion books are so quick to make that you can make one for each of you kids, grandkids, neighbors and of course yourself! Watch the video to see how!
- Cardboard from cereal or cracker boxes
- White paper roll (18″ wide)
- Scrapbook papers (optional)
- Double sided tape
- Bakers Twine
- Washi Tape
- Paper trimmer, scissors or craft knife
Directions (for 6″x9″ journal)
1. Cut off a piece of 18″ wide white paper (as long as you like, I used about 12 feet) and accordion fold the paper every 9″
2. Cut the folded stack into three 6″ tall pieces and glue the stacks together so you have one 36 fool long sheet if you were to unfold it (but do not unfold it LOL!)
3. Cut one 6″x9″ cardboard for a cover (or you can make it a bit longer if desired) and cut a 6″x10″ cardboard for the other cover plus spine. cover with pretty paper if desired.
4. Score the longer cover at 9″ & 9 1/2″ for a spine to accommodate the paper, if you are using more paper make the spine gap larger.
5. Add a border of washi tape around the cover if desired.
6. Adhere the first paper in the stack to the front cover and the last paper to the back cover making sure all the paper and covers line up neatly.
7. Wrap a strand of bakers twine around spine of the book every few pages to lock in the pages if desired.
I’d like to thank Papermart for sponsoring this video and thank you for stopping by, til next time happy crafting!