Hi friends! Today I have a quick project you can make for your home or a gift! Rubber stamped drink coasters!
Watch the video to learn how to stamp with acrylic paint. I am using a special oven bake acrylic paint so these coasters will be permanent and dishwasher safe on ceramic tiles. You can also use the technique I show you to stamp with regular acrylic paint on other objects as well!
Supplies (Stamps) available from sponsor Rubber Stamp Tapestry! 20% off mounted stamp orders of $10+ with coupon code COASTER through 7/17/16
- 4″ white tiles
- Oven bake acrylic enamel paint (I am using Folk Art Enamels)
- Cork, felt or foam pads
- Stamps: Grape Border, Dogwood Forest, Brambly Rose, Shell Border
- Rubbing alcohol
- Paper towels
- Palette knife (or something to spread paint)
- Foam packaging film or a foam plate/take out container
1. Wipe tiles with alcohol.
2. Spread paint on a piece of foam to act as a stamp pad.
3. Ink up stamps, tap of excess and stamp on tile.
4. Dry 24 hours and bake according to directions on paint bottle.
You can so the stamping with enamels on other ceramics as well. If you are going to use enamels on dishes just make sure not to stamp on areas that will touch food so you can do the border or a platter or the outside (below the lip line) of a mug. Thanks to Rubber Stamp Tapestry! for sponsoring this post, don’t forget 20% off mounted stamp orders of $10+ with coupon code COASTER through 7/17/16. Happy crafting!