Hi friends! I was so pleased with the way this card came out and I am so excited to share the technique with you!
What I really love is how each section of the “quilt” puffs up and the whole stamped quilt panel is one sheet of regular white cardstock!
You can use any small stamps for this but the stamps I am using are by Rubber Stamp Tapestry and they have a coupon for 20% your order of $10 or more mounted (aka peg stamps) with the coupon code QUILT through July 10th! They have so many fun sets and single peg stamps to pick from. What I love about the website is that they tell you if and what set any single stamp is from so you can avoid buying duplicates or get just the one stamp you want rather than a whole set.
Watch the video to see how I made this!
This technique is so much fun and you can recreate any quilt block you want using the steps I showed you. You can even print out free quilt block templates from the internet if you don’t want to draw them but I promise it is easy.
- Small Stamps (I am using stamps from our sponsor Rubber Stamp Tapestry) Sets I used, Brambly Rose, Retro Sundress, Between the Paving Stones, Dogwood Forrest, Aunties Strawberry Garden
- Ink (memento, Aletenew, any dye ink is fine)
- Ink blender sponges or brushes (I have Color Dusters)
- Cardstock in white, green and kraft (or accent colors that you prefer, you need white though)
- Hot glue
- Foam mat (AKA fun foam or a mouse pad)
- Piercing tool (you can use a thumbtack or paper piercer but I like the piercing bug from EK Success/ScorePal)
- Grooved scoring board (optional)
- Black waterproof pen (Micron 03)
- White Gel pen (optional, I like the uniball signo)
- Ball end stylus (or something round like a bead or marble you can emboss with)
- Bone folder/scoring tool
- Post-it notes
Follow along with the video and have fun! I hope you give this tutorial a try, it was a lot of fun to make you you can use any quilt block design you like! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: Stamping | Tagged: ball end flower tools, faux fabric stamping, how to emboss with a stylus, peg stamps, puffy paper quilt, quilt card, quilted card, quilter, rubber stamp tapestry coupon code |