Hi friends! I hope you are having a nice Valentines weekend! It was record cold here I the north but it was a good excuse to stay inside and enjoy the day with hubby and kids (and have a vegan chocolate sugar coma nap LOL!) I hope you are at the point of your art career or craft business that you are getting busy. As your products/service are more in demand you may have to decide what it is you really want to do and stop taking every job that comes along. We will talk more about this in today’s Art Marketing Vlog:
This video is sponsored by Rich Mom Business and their FREE Handmade Training Course.
Ask yourself these questions before saying yes to that next job:
- Can you do this job well?
- Do you have time to take this on?
- Will this add to your skill set or portfolio?
- Do you want more work like this?
- Do you want this job? *This can be a “no” if work is slow:) Sometimes work you don’t love but are good at reminds you to work towards your goals harder. I don’t love custom picture framing but I’ll do it if no other work is coming in. It makes you appreciate that you get to do what you love most of the time. Gratitude is good!
- Will you be paid what you are worth? *Note: It’s OK to do projects that you are passionate about for free or trade but if it is not a “passion project” make sure you are getting a fair deal.
I think that women especially want to please but it is OK to say “no” if it is a job you can’t do or don’t want to do, or if you will not be compensated fairly. Many times when you say “no” to others you are saying “yes” to yourself. Thanks so much for stopping by, good luck in your crafty career and til next time happy crafting!