Hi friends! If you have been thinking of giving acrylic painting a try this is a great first painting. FYI This project will work well in oils or gouache too.🙂
I will show you how to sketch on the design and paint it step by step and it won’t take very long, an advanced painter can complete it in about 30 minutes and a beginner can get ‘er done in under an hour, but don’t rush, relax and enjoy the process!
Free painting video tutorial!!!!
All of the supplies I used (except for the 1″ wide flat I picked up at the beginning) can be found in the December Smart Art Box, Last I checked they still had a few December boxes left if you want the exact kit I used. I have yet to be disappointed with a Smart Art box, they contain all the supplies you need to get started in a art form and a project instruction sheet if you don’t know where to begin. I have checked out other art subscription boxes in the past but this was the only one I thought offered a good value and ample supplies. When you subscribe to Smart Art you get a surprise box of artsy goodness delivered to your door each month, they have 1 month ($49.95) or 3 month ($134.95) subscriptions available and USA shipping is free. This tutorial is sponsored by Smart Art and I thank them for their support, but as always feel free to use the materials you have on hand.
- Creative Inspirations Acrylic Paint (red, black, yellow, blue, white)
- Simply Simmons Oil and Acrylic Brush Wallet #12 & #20 round, 3/8″ flat *note if you are using short handle brushes use #6 and #12 rounds or something similar to give you the effect you want
- 10-Well Plastic Paint Palette
- Creative Mark All Edge Media Cotton Canvas 8″X10″
- Other: Bucket of water, paper towel
- Reference Photo
Let me know if you give this a try! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!