Hi friends! Tonight I have slightly messy, totally fun bead making craft!
These beads and pendants are made with acrylic skins, I used acrylic paint and mod-podge (you could use PVA glue or gel medium if you wish) to make the fruit-roll-up like sheets of acrylic and then covered things with them. Doesn’t that sound like fun? It is! I’ll show you how in today’s video!
1. Acrylic Paint
2. Glossy Mod Podge or PVA Glue
3. Aluminum foil Tape or regular stuff from the kitchen
5. Silicone mat or waxed paper
5. Jewelry findings of your choice.
1. Pour mod podge in cap, add a few drops of paint ad stir 3 times. Pour on waxed paper or silicone mat and spread it around. Let dry for 2 days. This is your faux stained glass acrylic skin.
2. Cut cardboard to the size and shape you want your charm to be and cover in aluminum foil.
3. Cut up the acrylic skin and glue to foil covered cardboard.
4. Cover the edges of the charm with thin strips of foil tape if desired.
5. For the beads cut up a drinking straw and cover with acrylic skin strips. Trim the straw.
6. Use beads and charms in jewelry projects.
If you like this project check out my glitter glue earring tutorial. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!