Hi friends! It is almost time to think about going back to school in Maine, many of my southern friends have sent their kids back to school already! I am torn, some-days it seems like summer just started and other days I am wishing to see that big yellow bus at my door! I just broke the news to one of my girls that they are going to have to start going to bed earlier to get ready for school and she replied “What? We can’t stay up til 10 when school starts?!?” Nope, and sleeping til 9 is out too. Well, maybe these sweet after-school treats will ease their pain 🙂 LOL
They were really fun to make and the kids can give you a hand with them. They also make a great party favors. You might want to skip the peanuts if taking them to school because many schools have a peanut ban due to food allergies. Watch the video to see how I made them.
Packaging Supplies from our sponsor Papermart
1/2 Cup popcorn kernels
1/2 bag of Wilton chocolate melts (white or dark, your choice!)
1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts *you may omit these or substitute for sunflower seeds if allergies are a concern.
Microwave safe bowl
1. Pop the popcorn in an air popper.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals until melted. White chocolate melts faster than brown chocolate. Be careful not to burn or over-cook it.
3. Cover your work-space with waxed paper and spread popcorn and peanuts on top. Or you can work in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle the popcorn/peanut mixture with chocolate, stir to coat if needed. Let cool. (while the chocolate is cooling I like to stamp and color my tags)
5. Fill the bags with the peanut popcorn mix and apply a twist tie.
Options! You can add raisins or other dried fruit as well as peanut butter chips or whatever candies you would like. Make your own back to school snack recipe!
The one back to school chore I am not looking forward to is back to school shopping with my twins, apparently you can’t get everything you need from old navy online like you can for boys, I will definitely need some art therapy after that day LOL! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!