Hi Friends! I hope you had a great memorial day. Ours was quiet and relaxing and included a quick trip to the pond for a swim. I thought for sure it would be packed but we were the only ones there, then again there was ice in the water a couple of weeks ago LOL! Let me add, the kids swam, I sat on the beach and read. I’m sure many of you had large family get togethers today that might have involved lawn games or other friendly competitions. Wouldn’t it be fun to give the winner (especially if it was a kid) a blue ribbon? Today I’ll show you how easy it is to make one using ribbon from our sponsor Offray.
2 1/4″ Double Faced Satin in Royal Blue
1/2″ Maggie Ribbon in Sapphire
Cardboard or matboard
Hot Glue or Carpet Tape
Pin back finding
Lighter or Fray Check (to finish ends)
Circle dies (optional)
1/4″ double stick tape or clear glue
1. Glue cardstock to lightweight cardboard (like a cereal box) and cut out circles the size you want the center of your award to be. Cut an extra for the back. OR you can cut the circles from colored matboard. I used circle dies for this.
2. Cut 9″ pieces of both ribbons at an angle for the tails.
3. Use glue or double-sided tape to make a #1 on the cardboard circle in the front and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry if using glue.
4. Using hot glue adhere the end of the wide blue ribbon to the back of the circle. Keep adding glue and pleating the ribbon as you press the edge in the glue. Continue until you have gone around the circle.
5. Glue on ribbon tails. Add finishing circle to the back and glue on a pin back.
Make a blue ribbon for yourself while you’re at it because you’re #1 in my book! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!