Hi Friends! Today I will show you how to make this pretty Easter decoration using basic crafting supplies:
- A washed tin can
- Acrylic Paint
- Paper doilies (I used pretty ones in the seasonal section of the dollar store)
- Offray Ribbon: 1 1/2″ Single Faced satin in Navajo Turquoise, 1 1/2″ Contessa in butter-cream, self adhesive green die-cut ribbon, 3/8″ stitched purple grosgrain
- Yarn in pastel colors
- Styrofoam eggs
- Bamboo skewers
- Tacky glue
- Green paper
- Something to weigh down the centerpiece like sand or marbles.
Time needed: 1.5 hours plus drying time
- Paint a tin can (mine was from spaghetti sauce) with aqua acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Coat Styrofoam eggs with tacky glue and wrap with pastel colored yarn. Let dry.
- Wrap doilies around can (trimming the bottom flat) and secure with glue.
- Wrap can with ribbons and adhere. Tie a bow at the tip pf the can.
- Fill the can with sand or marbles so it does not tip over.
- Use scissors the fringe strips of green paper and place them in the can.
- Push bamboo skewers into the eggs and arrange in the can.
- Tie a bow on the tallest egg skewer to decorate.
I hope you enjoyed this project sponsored by Offray.com, please visit their website for more seasonal project ideas and inspiration. Til next time happy crafting!