Hi friends! I love looking through stacks of vintage postcards at antique shops. People used to send cards all the time, especially on holidays such as Easter. Today I have a free template (printable PDF and SVG cutting files) for you to create four cute cards that won’t cost a lot to make or send!
We will also be using washi tape and baker’s twine, two of my favorite supplies, from our sponsor Papermart. Watch the video to see how it’s done:
- White Cardstock
- Baker’s Twine
- Washi Tape
- Stamps and Ink
- Sponges or color dusters
- Embossing folder (I used a Damask pattern from Darice)
- Foam Tape
- Free Template
- Also a craft knife or die cutter for cutting the templates.
- Die cut the SVG template on a full sheet of white cardstock OR print the PDF template. If hand cutting I recommend using a craft knife to cut out the windows on the cards and then cutting the scalloped frame with scissors. You will have 4 scalloped papers with windows.
- Emboss the papers with an embossing folder if desired. You can also stamp a sentiment on the paper if you want to keep it flat (unembossed.)
- Center the window on a card base and trace the window with a light-colored pencil.
- Apply washi tape over the traced image.
- Apply foam tape to the back of the window.
- Wrap the panel with baker’s twine and adhere to card base.
- Stamp an Easter sentiment on a label die cut (not included) and adhere over twine with foam tape.
Thanks so much for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!