Hi friends! Here is a colorful decoration that you can make with your kids this Saint Patrick’s Day. It is a great way to use up leftover supplies too. I used many odds and ends I had lying around as well as useful staple craft supplies from Papermart.
This project will take about 30 minutes to complete. Take your time and have fun! Watch the video to see how it is made.
You will need:
- 8″x8″ cardboard or matboard
- Pipe Cleaner
- Craft foam/Fun Foam OR construction paper
- Paper Straws
- Crepe paper
- Something to color with like chalk, crayons or paint
- Quick grab glue such as low temp hot glue, Thick & Tacky glue, Beacon 3-in-1 or Helmar 450. (You need a glue that grabs quick!)
- Paper ribbon
- Scissors and wire cutters
And anything you want to add! This is a great project to use up leftovers you have so customize it to fit your supplies!
1. Cover a square of cardboard with burlap and glue the ends to the back.
2. Color or paint the front if desired.
3. Cut the foam into a pot, cloud and shamrock. You can use a die cut machine, if you have one, or scissors.
4. Loosely arrange the elements on the canvas and glue the items down when you are happy with them.
5. Make a frame by gluing paper straws to the edge of the picture but before you glue the top straw down insert a ribbon for hanging.
Please refer to the video for more instructions! Big thanks to Papermart for sponsoring today’s Video! Happy crafting!