Hi friends! Today I am going to share a fun way to make ribbon flowers that can be glued onto barrettes, pin-backs or used to embellish your cards or scrapbook pages:
You will need ribbon (I am using beautiful solid and patterned ribbon from Offray, see other ideas with this ribbon here), a needle and thread, scissors and a button. Follow along with the video and have fun!
For a removable card embellishment glue or sew the flower to an alligator style clip barrette so it can be worn in the recipient’s hair! Here is a closer look at the card we made:
Ribbon flower how to:
- Cut a 4″ piece of ribbon for each petal you wish to have.
- Thread a sewing needle with thread to match your ribbon.
- Make a right angle fold in the middle of the ribbon by folding the right side down, then take the left half of the ribbon and fold it down over the right to create a point. Please refer to the video so see this in action.
- Hold the ribbon so that the smooth side is facing you (the side that shows the folds is down) and pleat it in the middle and fold the edges back to make a petal. Again, refer to the video if you are confused.
- Stitch through all the pleats to create a petal.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all of the cut pieces of ribbon are used and you have a full flower.
They look great on a scrapbook page too!
I have a video on making this scrapbook page here on my YouTube channel if you want to see how the page went together. Lots of tips in that video too!
I want to thank Offray for sponsoring today’s blog post. You still have a couple of days to take advantage of the coupon FRUGAL15 (it expires 2/28/15 so hurry) for 15% off your order at Offray.com They have all the ribbon you want in the quantities you need so save a trip to the craft store and snag it online! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!