Hi friends! We got more snow today (luckily only a few inches) and I am so ready for spring! It may be a couple of months before I see any flowers in my garden but at least I can make them in my craftroom!
The technique for making these gathered roses is so easy, all you need is a needle and thread and some ribbon. Using narrower ribbon will give you a smaller tighter flower. I used beautiful sheer organza ribbon from our sponsor Papermart to make mine:
- Tin Tie coffee Bags
- Unstrung Merchandise Tags
- Bakers Twine
- Sewing needle and thread
- A glue dot or hot glue
- Optional: Stamps and Markers for decorating the tags
1. Cut a 2′ piece of ribbon and make a long running stitch along one edge. Note, if using narrower ribbon you can reduce the length of the ribbon. The longer the ribbon the fuller the flower.
2. Pull both ends of the thread to gather the ribbon. It will spiral itself into a flower. Glue on to the bag.
3. Tie a bow from a 1″ wide green ribbon and glue in the flower center OR you may use a button or rhinestone if you wish.
4. Add a tag strung with bakers twine!
This quick project is beautiful enough for weddings but also suitable for birthdays, tea parties and luncheons. Wouldn’t your guests feel special to receive a gift in one of these bags!
If you haven’t been to Papermart lately you should go! They have some beautiful printed spring ribbons and brand new kraft tags in 50 count packs, instead of the 500-1000 packs the manila ones come in, perfect for crafters! thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!