Hi Friends! Today I have a simple idea for a card using cardstock and ribbon:
I love the contrast of the rich colors and the white but you can use ribbons in any shade you like! I am using grosgrain and satin ribbon from Offray in this project!
- White cardstock
- Swiss dots embossing folder
- Star die (or you can cut the star window using a craft knife and template)
- Rubber stamp (baby theme)
- Adhesive: Foam tape, double stick tape and glue.
- Offray Ribbon: 3/8″ Natural Grosgrain, 7/8″ Navy Grosgrain, 5/8″ Torrid Orange Grosgrain,
1 1/2″ Navajo Turquoise Single Faced Satin
1. Cut a sheet of 8.5″x11″ cardstock in half. Fold one of these halves to make your card base. Cut the other half down to 4″x5.25″. Die cut a star in the tip section of the smaller cardstock, then place it in an embossing folder to add texture.
2. Center the star window panel on the card base you previously folded and lightly trace the star. I traced it dark so you can see it in the photo but you want to keep it light otherwise the lines might show through the ribbon.
3. Apply double stick tape to the card base over the star.
4. Apply ribbon to the tape. Be sure to cover the entire star you traced. Trim the excess ribbon.
5. Apply foam tape to the back of the embossed panel.
6. Adhere the panel to the card base. Cut a slit on the fold of the card near the bottom. Thread the orange ribbon through, wrap around the front and tie. Add a stamped sentiment. Embellish with buttons if desired.
You can change the theme of this card simply by changing the window shape and color of ribbons used. If you do not have a die you can trace a stencil or print a free clip art shape off the internet to use as a template. This is a versatile idea to make a card for an occasion!
Thanks to Offray for sponsoring this post. Use the coupon code FRUGAL15 to get 15% off your order at Offray.com. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
*Details: Use FRUGAL15 during checkout on Offray.com to receive 15% off one order. Offer expires 11:59 PM eastern time on February 28, 2015. Discount excludes applicable tax and shipping costs. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. Subject to change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply.