Hi friends! I had so much fun making those 2 small quilts for my girls that I thought I would pick up some fabric to make a quilt for myself. It was hard to select the first few prints but then I thought “If you like it, get it!” I was pretty much on a roll after that! And to top it off most of the fabrics were on sale! I paid between .39 cents and $1.25 a quarter yard. I was in fabric heaven. Of course this is going to create a kink in my fabric storage solution, I’ll have to revamp that a bit, or add-on another crate, or sew it up quick! Have a look at what I bought. Don’t worry, I am not putting all of this on one quilt. What should I use first?
What I got and what I paid:
- 4 zippers at .25 cents each
- 4 10-yard-rolls of 1 1/2″ wide patterned grosgrain ribbon for $1.49 a roll (reg yardage price is $8.90 a roll!)
- 2 yards of precut batting for $3
- 2 yard cut of watercolor print for $4
- 1/2 yard of solid brown for $1.75
- 1/2 yard floral remnant for .80 cents
- 27 1/4 yards of cotton prints ranging in price from 39 cents to $1.25 each
Alright quilters, did I do good? My total for the whole shebang was $37 and that included tax. Being a beginner I know I will make mistakes and I will be nervous to cut into pricey material so this way I can play and not hoard…although looking back at the prices of some of these I was thinking “Why didn’t I get more?” I hope you had a crafty weekend! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!