Hi friends! First up I want to share some exciting news that I hinted at yesterday: I am doing monthly craft segments for my local ABC & FOX affiliates and you can see my latest segment here! The story was really quick so next time I am going to make sure I have a simpler concept to make sure everyone can follow along at home. I decided to expand the craft from the news story and share the project with you here today!
My other exciting news was that the washi tape I have been waiting for from Papermart has finally arrived. It has been selling out so fast but I finally got some and almost all they carry! You get 10 yards (30 feet) for $1.34 a roll. They also have solid color multi packs, I got those too but have not used them yet. I wanted to use them in a fun project and what is more fun that making a craft and decorating a Thanksgiving table for kids?
I don’t know about you but I want to sit at the kids’ table! Here are the supplies I used:
- Cardstock (best if one side is printed)
- Washi Tape
- Baker’s Twine
- Shipping Tags
- Brown Kraft Paper
- Square Doilies
1. Cover a table with brown kraft paper and add doilies as place mats.
2. Fold a piece of cardstock both ways. Unfold.
2. Cut a slit on the horizontal crease on the right side up to the center crease. Fold the top right corner down about 1″ from the center crease. Fold the bottom right corner in to the center crease. Fold the bottom left panel behind the right and fold the remaining triangle over.
3. Fold the top left panel over the top right and fold the bottom panel up. Secure the edges with washi tape.
To finish place shipping tags and paper in the back pocket and crayons, markers or pens in the front. Add baker’s twine to a shipping tag and place that in the back pocket. Thanks to Papermart for being our sponsor today, be sure to check out the products I used and stock up on your holiday wrapping, ribbons and packaging while you are there! Happy thanksgiving and happy crafting!