Hi friends! A couple of weeks ago I found Styrofoam cones at the dollar store and realizing how expensive they were normally I bought three. I was thinking about what I wanted to do with them when I noticed my spools of pretty burlap ribbon from Offray sitting on my table. I also had some narrow sherry red ribbon out that would be a perfect accent and match my living room perfectly!
These trees are very easy to make. You will need:
- 7″ tall Styrofoam cones
- sequins pins, small beads and sequins
- hot glue gun, hot glue sticks, silicone mat
- 3/8″ double-faced satin ribbon in Sherry
- 1 1/2″ wired burlap ribbon
- 1/4″ sheer ribbon
1. Wrap cone with burlap ribbon. Secure with hot glue. Make sure to pleat the ribbon as you go for a snug fit.
2. Wrap with sheer ribbon for garland.
3. Attach handmade ribbon rosettes using hot glue.
4. Add beads or sequins with sequins pins or straight pins.
It was a bit hard to see the tiny rolled roses in the tree video so I decided to make a larger one slowly so you can see the process in more detail. These larger roses would look swell on gifts or on barrettes and pins:
I want to thank Offray for sponsoring today’s post. You can find most of the supplies I used and many more wonderful ribbons at http://www.offray.com Be sure to use the coupon FRUGAL15 to save 15% on your order through 12/31/14. Happy crafting!