Hi Friends! Today I am going to show you how to make this dry erase board I made to put next to my kitchen phone:
My kids love this, they have been leaving messages and stories on it since I hung it up the other day. I think it would be a cool idea to snap a picture of it each day with its different messages and put it in a project life album. Today’s project is sponsored by Offray. Save 15% on your offray.com order though 11/30/14 with the coupon code: FRUGAL15 See details below. Now, let’s make a dry erase board! Watch the video to see how!
- A frame with glass & Hanging hardware (mine was 16″x20″)
- Large white paper such as poster board.
- Screwdriver, awl. ruler and craft knife *Optional: Die cut machine or you can cut the letters with your craft knife.
- Offray Ribbon: 3/8″ Natural Grosgrain, 7/8″ Navy Grosgrain, 5/8″ Torrid Orange Grosgrain,
1 1/2″ Navajo Turquoise Single Faced Satin
- Cut the word “family” out of white paper to fit your frame. I used my die cut machine so I had to cut down the paper so I could fit it in my cutter, if you are cutting the word by hand you can keep it in one piece.
- Lay out ribbon on your backing board in a pleasing fashion. Place the word mat on top to test placement. If you like it glue the ribbon to the board.
- Glue the paper over the board so the ribbon shows though the word cut-outs. Add additional ribbon as embellishments (like I did over the gap in the paper)
- Make sure the glass in your frame is clean and place the decorated backer board in the frame. Secure the backer board in.
- Attach handing hardware and wire to the back.
- Attach a dry erase marker to the side of the frame with an eye-hook and ribbon.
- Hang on the wall and enjoy!
This project was so fun and easy to make and it is really useful too. Now there is a place to jot down phone messages next to the phone and we won’t have to rummage for a pen because it is attached! You can find the beautiful ribbon I used at Offray and remember to use the coupon code FRUGAL15 to save 15% through 11/30/14. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
*Details: Use FRUGAL15 during checkout on Offray.com to receive 15% off one order. Offer expires 11:59 PM eastern time on Sunday, November 30, 2014. Discount excludes applicable tax and shipping costs. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. Subject to change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Filed under: craft fair, home decor | Tagged: craft fair ideas, DIY dry erase board, dry erase board, home decor projects, how to make a dry erase board, memo board, Navy Grosgrain, offray, Offray Ribbon, offray ribbons, phone message board, poster board, ribbon craft ideas, ribbon projects, white paper |