Hello Friends! Today I have a quick and easy DIY s”more kit project for you using inexpensive supplies from Papermart:
I occurred to me that folks outside of the US and Canada might not know what the heck a s’more is, or how to make them so I’ll tell you! S’mores are an American campfire tradition, they call them s’mores because they are so tasty after you eat one you will want some-more! First you roast a marshmallow over the fire, then you take a graham cracker and add a piece of chocolate on top, place the roasted melty marshmallow on top and top with another graham cracker. Yum! These little DIY s’more kits make wonderful party favors for a camp-out or bonfire (that is probably another American tradition too!) I have even made these kits with Christmas themed marshmallows or “Peeps” and called them “Santa S’mores” and sold them at craft fairs for $1 each and they sell out every time! Watch the video to see how it is done:
supplies for this project:
- Food safe clear cello bags in 6″x9“
- 6″x6″ scrapbook paper
- Baker’s Twine
- 6″ Doilies
- Decorations such as die cuts and buttons (optional)
- Chocolate (milk chocolate, peanut butter cups, caramel…you can’t go wrong, use your favorite!)
- Graham crackers
- Place food items in clear bag. Seal closed.
- Fold scrapbook paper in half, add doily and tape to bag.
- Decorate with twine, buttons and die cuts.
I hope you make some of these DIY s’more kits but you better make extra because everyone will want some-more! Happy crafting!