Hi Friends! I just realized that my kids start school in less than two weeks and I promised them that they could have a camp-out with their friends this summer! Cue panic attack! Really, where did the summer go, how did i miss it? I hope you like today’s DIY camp out themed party invitations because I will be delighting you with coordinating decorations soon too. All I can say is thank goodness for Papermart because with my stash of craft supply basics from them I will have this party started in no time! Today I will show you how to make the invitations, they are so cute and easy even a child can make them…and they will, because, well panic and all…
You will need:
- Crepe Paper in your choice of color
- Green corrugated paper
- Cardstock in white, blue and yellow
- white felt
- coffee stirrers/skinny sticks
- black pen
I suggest using a bubble mailer for mailing this dimensional card.
- Cut white cardstock 5″x7″, blue cardstock 4 1/4″x5 1/2″ and adhere the blue card on the white. Stamp invitation info on the bottom of blue.
- Cut a 1 1/2″ strip of green corrugated paper and fringe one edge, adhere it to the bottom of the card .
- Cut crepe paper 5″x6″ and glue a skinny stick to each end. Stretch the crepe paper on the bottom and cut a slit up the middle.
- Cut a sun and rays from orange/yellow cardstock and glue to upper left hand corner of card. Cut a cloud from white felt and adhere. Adhere the tent to the cad and glue the tent flaps back if desired. Mail in a bubble mailer or flat envelope.
My tip for you today is to make sure you have a craft and party goods stash so you will be prepared for any spontaneous bash and the best place to get it is Papermart, they sure do make ME look better! 😀 Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!