Hi friends! We are a couple weeks into school vacation, it won’t be long until we start to hear “Mom, I’m bored!” Well, we can fix their wagon with this fun project using affordable supplies from Papermart!
OK I have to say that my kids do not say “Mom, I’m bored” very often because the things I find for them to do involve cleaning (my Momma didn’t raise no fool!) BUT if I see them milling about aimlessly I might suggest they check out the supplies I left out on my craft table. This project is also great at using up odds and ends from other projects, all you really need are the cloth bags.
- Canvas bags
- Fabric paint or acrylic paint
- Small fabric paint brushes (optional)
- buttons and ribbon flowers
- Fabric Glue
- A scrap of fabric for the pocket
- And any other embellishment you wish to add, be creative! You can also add gross-grain ribbon to the edge of the pocket or narrower ribbon as flower stems.
- Place a piece of waxed paper covered cardboard inside the bag before you begin to keep the glue or paint from seeping through.
- Cut a rectangle of fabric for the back pocket and press back the edges to keep it from fraying (if desired) and glue to the back of the bag. Let dry.
- Use fabric paint to draw stems and flowers on the front of the bag. You can sprinkle glitter on the wet paint for sparkle! Let dry.
- Use fabric glue to attach buttons and ribbon flowers to the bag and make sure the glue dries before using.
I hope you enjoyed this project as much as my daughters and I did. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: Crafts 4 Kids Tagged: | camp crafts, canvas bags, crafts for kids, DIY purse, drawstring bags, easy fabric project, fabric paint, how to dress up a plain bag, no sew project, papermart, ribbon flowers