Hi friends! When I saw organza ribbon necklace cords for sale online I knew I could make them on the cheap using high quality supplies from Papermart:
- 1/4″ Organza Ribbon (100 yards for $3.22)
- 2mm Rat tail Cord (200 yards for $8.03)
- Jewelry findings: cord ends, jump rings, barrel clasps
Tools: Chain nose pliers, needle nose pliers, scissors
- Optional: 3″x5″ clear bags for packaging finished jewelry like I showed in the video (1,000 bags for $12.20)
- Cut ribbon and cord to desired length.
- Center cord over ribbon and place on cord ends and crimp closed with chain nose pliers.
- Add clasp.
Sure, pre-made ribbon cords are not that expensive, you can buy them made for a dollar or less a piece but they are probably made with cheap supplies, you can make them with really good supplies for 5 cents worth of ribbon and a few inexpensive findings and only a couple of minutes of your time. Best of all you can make any color you want! I hope you enjoyed today’s project and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: craft fair, jewelry | Tagged: Chain nose pliers, cord ends, diy necklace, how to attach cord ends, how to attach ribbon ends, how to make organza ribbon cords, Jewelry findings, needle nose pliers, organza, Organza Ribbon, papermart, rat-tail cord, satin cord |