Hi Friends! We have another great giveaway from the fine folks at Art Neko (Formally About Art Accents) today! You can win the stamps I used in this postcard:
In today’s tutorial I will show you how to use a waterbased ink that bleeds with inktense blocks or watercolor paints to create to mimic the look of Chines brush painting and Sumi-e. Watch the video to see how:
* You can see how I created my inktense block travel palette here.
- inktense blocks or watercolor paints
- crab, seashell and sentiment stamp from Art Neko
- postcard back stamp from Art Neko (this large stamp is on sale right now for .99 cents! regular $10, hurry!)
- thick smooth paper torn to 4″x6″ size
- black soot Distress Ink
- Stamp images with black ink.
- Use a small brush to add paint, let the colors run.
- Paint swirls and accents around the card.
- Stamp large postcard lines on the back.
If you want a chance to win the Art Neko stamps I used on today’s project then leave a comment. I will choose a winner in one week. If you are heading over to Art Neko to shop make sure you use my discount code: Lindsay10% to save on your non-sale rubber. Good luck and happy crafting!