Hi Friends! Today I have a craft for kids to make for their Dads or Grandfathers using items you have around the house or in the recycling bin and basic craft supplies:
You will need:
- Cardboard (mine is 9″x12″)
- Colored paper (Blue, white and green, this can be construction paper, cardstock or typing paper)
- Twine or string
- Googlie eye
- Markers or watercolor crayons (or something similar)
- Metallic eyeshadow
- a spray bottle of water
- A hole punch and scissors
- Optional: Patterned scrapbook paper to use as a mat, I used a 8.5″x11″ necktie pattern I’ve had in my stash forever.
- Distress the cardboard panel by pulling off bits of paper then you can add color, if desired, to the ridges with markers or crayons.
- Glue scrapbook paper on cardboard.
- Glue a smaller rectangle of blue on top and add a strip of green as shown. Accent with markers or crayons.
- Cut a fish shape (I used this free SVG to die cut one) from white paper and color with markers, spray with water to blend (or you can use spray ink) *I dry embossed my fish for texture so do that too if you like before coloring.
- While the fish paper is wet dust it with metallic eye shadow.
- Adhere fish and draw a hook and line on the background. Glue on googlie eye.
- Punch holes and add twine for hanging.
- Write or Type “Fishing you a happy father’s day” on a strip of paper and adhere.
Pretty neat for a last-minute gift huh? It would go great with a fishing licence and a new box of tackle I think! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!