Hello Friends! It is not a shocker, we always need more birthday cards right? Well, did you ever think of making a set of birthday cards with matching envelopes to give as a gift? They are wonderful presents for non crafty friends. Here is a set of cards I made using adorable Penny Black stamps and supplies from Papermart:
I also came up with a couple cute ways to package them. Using clear bags is a great idea if you sell cards at craft fairs because it keeps the cards visible and clean. The paper portfolio is a great idea for gifting because the cards and be easily accessed and stored right there, plus it can be used to organize other cards after the original set is used up…just a warning, if you give cards this cute you will be asked to make more! Watch the tutorial to see how easy it is to make this set:
This project is an example of assembly line card making. By doing the similar tasks together you will save time and end up finishing all the cards at once (that’s right, you won’t get 2 cards done and get bored with the project.) It is also great if you have a limited amount of time to craft, if you have 10 minutes you can cut all of your papers and stamp your images. Next time you can color etc.
1. Cut two 8.5″x11″ sheets of cardstock in half (5.5″x8.5″) and fold each of these papers in half to make 4 cards.
2. Choose two or three designs of patterned paper (scraps are great for this!) and cut into strips, labels, circles or rectangles.
3. Stamp images on white cardstock and color with colored pencils or markers. Stamp a border on 4 white envelopes.
4. Assemble all cards. Tie on bakers twine and embellish as desired.
6. Tie a bow on the finished gift with organza ribbon.
How easy is that? It is a useful, thoughtful, handmade gift and aren’t those the best kind? I also wanted to mention that the polypropylene bags I used are FDA food safe so they can also be used to make treat bags for parties or other food packaging. It’s good to have lots of uses for them because you get 1000 in a box! That said, I’m on my 2nd box LOL! Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me and til next time happy crafting!