Howdy folks! Last week I hosted a giveaway from the generous and fabulous About Art Accents and we had so many people enter the first night, and with it being Christmas ans all, the owner said I could pick two winners! Yay! and (drum-roll please) here they are! Kim Ferguson and Jackie P! Congrats ladies, you have some fabulous surprise stamps coming your way! Be sure to check your email for details! Speaking of great stamps, check out this chickadee stamp from About Art Accents, it is part of the 50 state birds & flowers collection:
I think though, after the weather we have had in Maine this week I should have given my tree some snow and icy glitter! BTW BIG THANKS to all of the road crews, tree cutters and linemen (and women) who worked tirelessly through the holiday from as far south as Rhode Island to get the power back on in Maine, we would still be in the dark if it wasn’t for you! Sorry about that brief aside, I’m just feeling grateful to have electricity😀 Anyway, here is the tutorial:
I hope you got enough tips and techniques there to make it worth watching a 20 minute video. Here is a look at the cards close up.
- Make an envelope (I use the Kreate-a-lope) and use the scraps to decorate you card!
- Speaking of scraps save them in files sorted by color, that way you won’t need to cut into a full sheet of cardstock for paper piecing or when you just need a bit of a color. Plus you get interesting pattern and color combos when scraps mix and mingle!
- Speaking of paper piecing, take a look at your punches, what else can you make from the tired old shapes, my notched circle punch became a pine-cone, a balloon can become an Easter egg, dig out the old tools and use them in a new way!
- Switch out scissors for a craft knife and ruler, you will be surprise how quickly you can cut smooth banners and even mats, your die cutter will get lonely!
- Before you run to the store to buy the latest and greatest think about the tools and supplies you already have and see if you can duplicate it! Creativity is a muscle, use it or lose it! I think we can all enjoy that workout, am I right?
Thanks to About Art Accents for letting me pick two stamp winners this month and thanks to you for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: about art accents, Stamping Tagged: | about art accents, art neko, asain card, cardmaking, chickadee card, chickadee stamp, envelope tempaltes, how to stamp with markers, markers, markers to ink a stamp, marvy leplume, memento, paper pinecone, punches, stampin tips, stamping video, thank you card, tim holts distress markers, tombow