Well, I’m not sure how big of a list it is but watch the video to learn what I use Glycerin for and for my recipes for pigment ink, blender pen juice, ink refresher and more!
Here is the list typed out! (my notes from the video)
Sorry it has taken me so long to compile a list of all of the great uses for glycerin in the craft room. Glycerin is a water-soluble plant based oily liquid that is a main ingredient in many of your art supplies. You can buy Glycerin at a pharmacy or a health food store or in the cake decorating aisle of the craft store (but that is the most expensive way) or if you need a lot of it you can purchase it through a soap making supplier online.
- Reinking embossing stamp pads. Use as is or with a wee bit of water to reink clear embossing pads or mix with gouache paint and make your own pigment reinker. Here is a video on making your own pigment ink: http://youtu.be/vah1ii4mZYQ
- Add a few drops to your acrylic paint rinse water to increase open time and work-ability with acrylic paints. It makes your water wetter!
- Refill your blending pens and water-based markers! Video: http://youtu.be/vmOJLBjF5LQ
- Add a teaspoon of glycerin to a 4oz spray bottle of water and you have dye based ink refresher, shake before using.
- Make a permanent gelli plate, sciency-weincy video: http://youtu.be/h9taUh073vQ Be sure to read the video description for updated recipe!
- Add a couple drops of glycerin to student grade watercolor paint in a palette to is does not dry out too much.
There you go, a fairly complete list, If I think of anything else I’ll let you know!
Oh, and here is the pattern for my wrap: http://youtu.be/MEvLAlVi7U4
Uses submitted by YouTube viewers (leave a comment to submit your glycerin uses but please don’t say suppository -hardy har har- craft uses only please) 😀
Any other ideas? I know it is used in taffy and cake frosting making too. One little ingredient, so many uses! Thanks for stopping by and learning about this little celebrated artsy additive and til next time happy crafting!