Howdy folks! I felt like painting a quick and easy card this morning so I decided to turn on the camera while I made this card:
Relax, it’s easy, I’ll take you through all of the steps from sketching the flowers (super easy, no worries there) to painting it in real time. At any point you can pause the video if you need more time to catch up.
Sorry about the abrupt ending there, I have not tried to change the 20 minute record time on my camera yet LOL! So as an overview you will need:
- A round brush (I used a #10 but any size between a #6-#10 is fine for this)
- Watercolor paints, use what you have, or what your kids have, the childrens watercolors by Prang are actually quite good and only $3 a set! The colors I used were: Ultramarine blue, Aliziran Crimson, cadmium yellow and sap green. Don’t be afraid to try what you have before you buy new.
- Watercolor paper. I used a premade watercolor card by Strathmore, Blick has a box of 100 with envelopes for $22 on sale, that’s how I buy mine, it’s great to have them on hand. Or you can just use watercolor paper. Get decent paper though, the above mentioned cards are inexpensive but good quality. Avoid the children’s watercolor paper because it is usually rubbish and will be frustrating to work with.
- Painter’s tape if you want tape down your work.
- Also you need a pencil and a bucket of water.
You can do this, I hope I packed the video with enough tips and techniques to make it worth your while. Comments and feedback are appreciated! If you want to delve into more complex projects please consider one of the watercolor PDF tutorials I have for sale in my shop. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!