Is it Spring yet? Well, judging by the fresh new coating of white stuff on my trees, car and house I’d say no. Oh well, I at least think of Spring when I make a card. This is a shadowbox card, I learned to make one at a stamping party I went to this week.
Isn’t that angel sleeping on a calla lily the sweetest? I was actually planning to use this stamp on some Christmas cards but didn’t get around to it but it works just as well as a spring card, I think it would be nice for a baby shower. This beautiful fairy stamp is by About Art Accents. How would you like to win it? Just leave a comment on this post and I will randomly draw a winner next weekend.
So, do you want to know how to make the card? It is very easy and I’ll have a video tutorial for you in a few days but here are the written instructions:
- Cut two pieces of cardstock (or heavyweight patterned paper) the same size. Hint: The size you cut the paper is the size of the finished card so if you want a card that will fit in an invitation envelope cut the paper 5.5″x4.25″.
- Score the right and left side of each paper 1/2″ and 1″ from the edge.
- Cut window from the center of the paper you want on top (I used a Creative Memories oval cutter but you can use whatever you have such as a die, colullze or Xacto knife.)
- At this point you may wish to decorate the inside (back piece) of the box. Try to keep it fairly flat if you want to mail it later.
- Now you need to fold on the score lines. Use the photo as a guide. You are folding the front panel forwards and the back panel backward to create a wide shadowbox in the center.
- Adhere the front and back of the card together on the edge.
- Decorate the front as desired.
Now the only drawback to this card is that you need to write on the back of it. It will fold flat in the envelope to mail and pop out when removed from the envelope. Neat huh?
I also wanted to mention that I used purple glitter nail polish for the wings and I colored the image with Promarkers. Remember to leave a comment for a chance to win this stamp from About Art Accents! I will draw a name in a week, it could be you! While you are waiting you might want to check out About Art Accents awesome sales, they have many stamps 50% off and their regular prices are not bad either, in fact if you tell them I sent you (coupon code Lindsay10%) you can save 10% on all non sale items too! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: about art accents, Stamping | Tagged: 3-d card, about art accents, angel stamp, art neko, blog candy, fairy stamp, free, free stamp, giveaway, how to amke a shadowbox card, interactive card idea, tutorial |