Howdy all! here is a project that will stretch your options with your jewelry making supplies and make a great gift of craft fair item:
All you need is a key ring, flexible beading wire (like Tigertail or Accuflex) a large focal bead (I used a bobbin bead-see yesterday’s post for a how to), a charm and a coordinating bead and two #4 crimp tubes.
How to build the key chain:
- Cut 12″ of wire. Slip a charm (or a bead) to the mid-point and fold the wire in half.
- Slide the wire ends through the hole in the large focal bead (the first bead with keep the beads secure.)
- Place on another bead then slip on 2 #4 crimp beads (both wires in both tubes.)
- Put the ends of the wires through the key ring and then back through both crimp tubes.
- Feed the ends of the wires back through the beads if there is room. Trim any wire sticking out past the focal bead.
- Squeeze the crimp tubes closed using crimp plies if you have them (they will give you a nicer look and a more secure hold) or needle-nosed plies if you don’t.
- Tie a scrap of ribbon around the crimp tubes. Done!
A pretty key chain can be used to hold your keys (of course) but it can also be clipped to a purse, luggage or a backpack for decoration or identification. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: art/craft marketing, craft fair, jewelry, quick projects Tagged: | bead ideas, beaded keychain tutorial, beads, bobbin beads, craft fair ideas, diy key ring, easy jewelry project, homemade beads, how to make a beaded ket ring, jewelry making supplies, quick bead projects, style, tigertail, tutorial