Happy Monday folks! I hope everyone had a good weekend and mother’s day. Friday was my husbands birthday. I am naturally drawn to feminine themes and colors but once in a while it is fun to make a masculine card. Here is the one I made for him:
It was actually quick to make because I have certain ”go-to” ideas fo making guy cards. Here are my tips:
- Emboss a panel of black cardstock with a masculine design like diamond plate, gears, stars or anything that might have a manly feel to it, then ink it in silver and heat emboss for the look of metal. The messier the better!
- When in doubt stick with kraft, neutral, black, brown and cream, you cannot go wrong and it will look guy-ish.
- Embellish with hardware. I used hex-bolt looking eyelets from Creative imaginations but if you don’t have any craft hardware you can use washers and hinges from the hardware store (or hubby’s tool box!)
- Monkeys…Guys like monkeys, trust me, put a monkey on your card and you can’t go wrong.
- Skip the ribbon and use twine on your card for instant manliness.
- Grunge it up, crumple it, ink it, run it over with your car if you have to. Guys love the grungy look.
This card qualifies for the following challenges: Come and Get It Challenges, Creative Cowgirls , I Did It Creations, Let’s Ink It Up, Scrappy Frogs, 2 Sisters, Catch The Bug, One Stop Craft, Secret Crafter (the pattern paper and tag are 6+ years old!), Crafty Ann’s, Inspire Me Fridays and Divas by Design
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!